If you are looking to buy a baby shower gift or decide what to register for, here is a list of the ten (10) items that I used the most!
- Glider w/Ottoman: This was by far one of the top reasons I was able to comfortably nurse my babies for as long as I did. It’s important to make sure your breast feeding pillow fits comfortably while you sit in your glider, so when you are at BuyBuyBaby or PotteryBarn testing out gliders and rocking chairs, grab a nursing pillow to see how it fits in the chair with you.
- Breast Feeding Pillow: I used the original Boppy for my son and a newer version of the Boppy 2 Sided Pillow with the foam insert for my daughter. A few of my friends liked the "My Breast Friend" pillow. I didn’t find the Breast Friend comfortable b/c of the need to click the strap around your body. I liked that I could position the Boppy at many angles and even move it around to find that "sweet" spot for night feedings.
- Nursing Camisoles: Mine were from Motherhood Maternity, but anything that is breathable, soft and easy to clasp and unclasp will work. Target also has great night nursing camisoles.
- Medela Freestyle Pump: Do you see a pattern here? Many insurance companies don't cover this pump, but they do cover the Medela Pump N Style. If you can, I strongly recommend that you register for the Freestyle - it allows you to get other things done (loading the dishwasher, laundry, work on a computer, etc.) while pumping!
- Diaper Genie Elite: Make sure it’s the Elite or the new Diaper Genie Complete so it closes the smell and also, make sure you clean out the inside when taking out the liners full of diapers and spraying with Lysol doesn’t hurt either.
- OXO Good Grips Flex Lid Hampers: I love these hampers. They have handle cut outs on the sides, so they are easy to carry. They have an opening so my kids can put their own laundry in the hamper. It has a lid, but it's not difficult to remove.
- Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets: The Diwali, Mela, and Pyara are beautifully patterned bamboo swaddle blankets with Indian motifs.
- Patemm Changing Pad with Pockets: This changing pad lasted us over 4 years and could probably still go strong! It has pockets so you can put extra diapers, wipes, etc. and it also folds up really nicely. It's also great for laying over diaper changing stations. They are very easy to clean up!
- Wide, shallow bowls, OXO bowls & OXO spoons: I really think these are part of the reason my kids love to eat and feed themselves. They both learned to eat in these and still use them EVERY DAY! I was gifted shallow, but wide wooden bowls by Ellinger's Agatized Wood (#60 & #76). We used many different types of spoons. I really loved OXO Tots Utensils and the OXO Tot Bowl Sets with lids. They have a non-slip base bottom to help prevent it from sliding around.
- OXO Tot High Chair: Again, do you see a theme? I don't have any affiliation with OXO, I just think they have some really great solutions at affordable prices. This high chair is practical, easy to clean, and blends well with our furniture without screaming "I'm a nasty highchair!" Once my kids outgrew the highchair phase (around 15 months) and wanted to sit at the table with us, we moved them to the OXO Booster Seat.
Also, these are just the items I used the most, but if you are looking for some cute baby shower gift ideas that aren't necessarily on someone's registry, Anna Vasily has some really creative options on her Magic in the Making blog. Be sure to check it out!